Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The meaning of my title...

The reason for my title is a very interesting combination of reasons.  I will first start with my experience in high school with my English teacher freshman year.  I had always had some sort of interest in writing, but never really reading books (compared with my sister who reads an insane amount of books each week).  But this teacher changed the way I viewed not only the class of English and reading.  I began to love it.  I realized how this course could expand my imagination and vocabulary and how I could pick up any book and escape to a new interesting world.  The way my teacher freshman year exposed me to English inspired my writing and allowed my interest in reading to take off.  It wasn't until my senior of high school that this inspiration my freshman teacher had given me quickly dwindled.  I arrived to my first period English class ready and eager to learn.  I would soon find out that this English class would be the one thing I dreaded going to every day of senior year.  I had always gotten along with teachers and I had always had enjoyed what they were teaching.  This class was completely different.  She gave us ridiculous assignments that took hours to do and she would make fun of kids for not understanding parts of the book we were reading.  Instead of fostering my love for English, this teacher smashed it into the ground until I despised even thinking about English.  It's unfortunate this was my last impression of an English class.  So it is my goal to renew that love and excitement I felt with my freshman English class.  I want to again feel the wonderful ability expand, explore, and be inspired because of my English class.

No comments:

Post a Comment